spring a ding ding! loving this weather and this season. I haven’t blogged in a while, which is unacceptable. I’d like to do it more, so let’s see if I can make that happen.
today stone is 16 months old. a few sweet updates for what he’s up to right now:
- in the beginning of the month, he was taking 5-7 steps at a time. and now, by the end of the month, he’s walking! it’s his normal mode of transport now, which he’s really loving and getting good at!
- he understands us! like if I say, “where’s your water? go get some water.” he looks around to find his water bottle, and then walks over and gets some water. it’s the cutest! he does this with most things I ask him about.
- he’s answering us. “do you want a snack?” “uhh!” which I take as YES! he also kinda says “no” in his own way, but mostly he says yes to everything (he gets it from his mama!) lol
- loves to close doors and be in a room or area by himself.
- likes to stack things, likes to pulls things out of bags and boxes and put them back in the bag or box.
- he plays really well independently
- he picked his first flower weed and gave it to me! I saved it, and will forever.
- he had his first big tumble; he tipped his y-bike and smacked his mouth on the ground pretty hard. he had a swollen lip, but no blood. just the biggest gulp tears he’s ever had 😦 tough!
- he’s talking a ton, but as far as real words, today he actually said “bye bye” and waved. precious!
he has another molar popping through. I can tell the days his teeth are bothering him 😦 because he’s such a happy chill baby that its obvious when he’s in pain! those days are rough, because it’s outburst after outburst, so I have a lot of patience to show those days, and I’m not always the best.
sleeping: he’s still napping twice a day: usually 9AM- 10:30AM and 1:30PM-3PM. He’s in bed by 7:15PM and up for the day by 6:15AM.
nursing: he nurses right when he wakes up, before both his naps and then before bed! so 4 times a day. It’s working for us!
some mom updates: I’m walking everyday at least 1.5 miles, I started a weight training aerobic workout plan which I’m loving!, eating pretty well, although I could do better, duh!
I’m loving my biweekly therapy/counseling sessions – it’s been life-changing, I’m loving my weekly group program meeting (al anon) which has also been life-changing, I’m trying to journal every other day. I’ve started listening to some sermons again, after about a 6 month hiatus. I’m just a much mentally healthier person in the spring/summer months, so I’m excited to brush off all this depression and focus on myself, and being the best wife and mother I can be!
Grant has some exciting work schedule changes starting in April which means we will be together as a family MUCH more. I’m way excited.
that’s about it! happy spring!